August 02, 2008

Stag Dance Party

Sue's in New York for a weekend of festivity (Cheers, Corinne!), so today I hosted my own super fun stag dance party in the basement. Sepco Hydrastone showed up. We did a little of the twist, and a little of the stomp. Then we slow-danced together, and afterward, Sepco stripped naked.









I discovered one reason -- hopefully a big reason -- why the basement smelled a bit like mildew, and the dehumidifier we got last weekend *kept* filling up. There was a ton of water inside the steel casing of the Sepco, and all that black stuff you see in the pictures (on the yellow insulation) is/was mold. The insulation was stinky and soggy and icky and yucky.

I also drained three or four gallons of water out of the tank. Hopefully now Nick and I can drag this monolith upstairs on a dolly. To be honest, I'm not sure where the stone is... maybe inside the tank? Who knows.

PS
Sorry, Mom, for the locker room chatter! We're much too wholesome for that, but this set of pics... too easy.

No comments: