August 28, 2008

Point Street Bridge

The weather here has been fantastic, and not to jinx it, but it's supposed to be like this (70 and cloudless) into the holiday weekend.

I'm not sure folks have seen much of the cityscape, so I walked over the Point Street Bridge (on the south side of the city) and took some snapshots.

Skyline from the bridge, facing north along, up the canal.


Dead fish. Probably victims of the Fox Point Hurricane Barrier (the second pic below). The new green bridge takes you from 95 to 195, toward Fall River, New Bedford, the Cape, and Southern MA. I understand they ferried that bridge up to its location all in one piece!




The power plant. The three stacks are a recognizable landmark as you drive up to the city from the south.


A houseboat of a different kind! Check it out. Pretty neat, but I wonder what they pay in homeowner's insurance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you guys went to the Point Street Bridge, you better have tied it up with beers at Goff's. Required. :)

Rob said...

In this case, I just went for a walk at lunch, so no beers, but... I looked for Goff's, and I think it's closed now. :(

http://www.artinruins.com/arch/rip/jgoffs/