June 11, 2009

As Big As This One

Sue's sleeping in this morning until 6:45. We're both still a half-step behind from being MIA the three prior weekends, and so the house is a bit out-of-whack - plants not watered enough, compost pot smelly, dishes not done, lawn unmowed, etc. Happily it's Thursday, and a free weekend is right around the corner.

The painters are saying they hope to show up early on Saturday, when the weather will be good, to finish painting. We'll see if they can get it done.

Last Friday, before we left town for DC, I had a root canal. This morning I have to go back to complete the job. I'm not getting a cap or crown. The dentist wants to do a "build-up". Whatever that means.

It seems that a squirrel has been terrorizing our vegetable garden. (Sue thinks it's funny that I chose to use the word 'terrorizing', but that is *precisely* what's happening.)


He/she ate all our corn seeds/plants, as well as digging up a cuke and two beets without eating them. I want a Maine Coon as big as this one...


...but probably I'll just settle for some chicken wire.

PS
I'm just about to respond to recent comments. That's another thing that I've gotten behind on. Thanks again for all your steadfast support!

No comments: