July 13, 2009

Ah Ha

I realized after publishing my last post, some folks probably didn't know I was working on hosting a conference. I looked back thru old blog posts to see if I had mentioned it. I thought I had, but couldn't find any evidence. Sorry about that.

Well, it was a fundraising conference for the organizational fundraising officers (meaning, those that raise money from corporations and foundations) from Stanford, MIT and the Ivies. A few folks in my office were putting it together, and I was in charge of all the logistics. As it has been for the last quarter-century, it was held at Whispering Pines Conference Center (great place, great staff) in West Greenwich, RI. It was a six-month process, and I'm glad it's complete now. It went very well.

When I got back home on Friday, I put some new plants in and put some mulch down on the west side of the house. A red azalea and four flats of pachysandra against the fence. Both are evergreens.

BEFORE


AFTER


Then on Saturday, we attended a wedding at the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. Congratulations Zack and Vikki! They had peacocks walking all around, some awesome landscaping and fascinating sculpture.







This guy was confused by the reflection in the black car. He kept ducking and then peering into the reflection... "Ah ha!"


PS
We won our first soccer game last night. I got tripped and upended in the first half, landing a bit on my shoulder. Oof. I saw my old friend Doug Watson break his collar bone that way way back when. I got lucky I guess, but it hurts to raise my coffee to my face.

I'm a little bummed. I don't think I'll be able to row tomorrow for the first practice of the infamous Dirty Oars, who will be competing in this year's Pawtucket dragonboat race. Check it out, but turn your speakers down: The 10th Annual Rhode Island Dragonboat Race.

PPS
This is funny... sort of: I'm from Rhode Island. Got a problem with that?

No comments: