March 06, 2009

Starter Bag

TGIF, peoples! Hope everyone is doing well. We are in a big hurry this morning.

Longer story, but I was trying to make this Amish Friendship bread for folks at work. You get a little "starter bag" from a friend, then you follow the instructions for ten days, after which you have enough for two breads and four starter bags for your friends. It's a pass-it-on type of thing.

I followed the instructions very carefully for ten days, then this morning, when it really counted, I *totally* botched it. I made the entire recipe but forgot to put my starter bag into the mix! Recipes and I don't get along. I rectified the error, but sadly, now I have no starter bags for friends. Boo hoo!

Anyway... for about four months (or more) Sue and I have been meaning to take a picture of this uncomely graffiti in town. It's at a key intersection -- Rochambeau (Ro-SHYAM-bo) and Main. We always thought someone would paint over it, or remove it, but no. Every day to start our day, we pass by it.

...

...

It may be deemed offensive, so don't look if you don't want.

...

Your choice.

...

Last chance. Don't say I didn't warn you.

...

...

...

...

...

1 comment:

Hack said...

I especially like the hashed line depicting the edges of the invisible object. This was clearly drawn by an engineer schooled in technical drawing.