June 19, 2009

Chopstick Ladder

Happy Friday, folks. Sue has just eight days left of internship! She's transitioning into summer vacation mode - a happy-fying experience and well deserved.

Earlier this week (Tuesday actually) I reached my one-year anniversary at work, and so yesterday I celebrated by cooking up some Trader Joe's cornbread with dried cranberries for my colleagues. They liked it.

Sue finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. In her personal rank order, it was better than the rest of her book club books except for The Book Thief.

Doesn't look like we're going to get the fence installed this weekend, since it'll be raining and raining. RI natives are moaning and groaning about the weather. Apparently this has not been a normal spring. So so so much rain.

If you haven't seen this, it's pretty funny. "I got the sucker!"

Have great weekends!

PS
A little follow-up to yesterday's post. Last night we built a chopstick ladder for Viney using some iron(?) wire we got at a yard sale a couple months back.


Also, a picture probably wouldn't do it justice, and it's raining anyhow... the moss slurry is so swollen with water it's bulging out from the wall. Maybe I wasn't watering it enough? Perhaps next year I'll set up a sprinkler system on a timer, like they have at the grocery store.

No comments: